Hard news writing is an art. Getting in and getting out quickly, but with the pertinent information needed to inform your readers, presents a challenge that must be overcome by any successful journalist.
Below are news stories I have written while working at the Pinedale Roundup.
- Grizzlies and Grazers: With the grizzly bear population expanding, ranchers and a host of federal agencies try to find a way for a species and an industry to coexist.
- BTNF and CTNF Consider Merge: The forest supervisors from Intermountain Region 4 of the USFS are asked to explore a consolidation of the two forests.
- Wyoming Ranked 48th in Corruptibility: The Equality state doesn’t always live up to its moniker.
- New York Town Successfully Bans Oil and Gas Drilling: Even after trying desperately to escape the east coast, my editor still assigned me stories about it.
- Making Tracks to the Elk Feedgrounds: A longstanding Wyoming tradition yet one of its most controversial.
- Boulder Schoolhouse Recommended for Grant: The iconic Sublette County building looks to get a makeover.
- SAFV Luncheon Discusses the Dangers of Domestic Abuse: Still running rampant in America and Wyoming, domestic abuse impacts multiple lives regardless of race, creed, sex or status.
- Looking for Wyoming’s Culture of Safety: Troubling statistics for Wyoming.